Logan Elm High School will induct Mandy Grambo, Jessica Willard, Cody Cordle, Adam Blake and former Superintendent John Edgar as this year’s Award of Merit recipient into the Athletic Hall of Fame on Friday prior to the varsity boys basketball game against Teays Valley. The ceremony should begin at approximately 6:30 p.m.
Mandy Grambo: Class of 2014
Mandy Grambo was one of Logan Elm’s most accomplished athletes earning 8 Varsity Letters, 4 in Soccer and 4 in Softball. Mandy is the only female athlete in Logan Elm history to be All-Ohio in 2 different sports.
● 1st Team Mid State League – 2010, 2012, 2013
● 2nd Team Mid State League – 2011
● 1st Team Southeast District – 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
● 2nd Team All-Ohio 2013
● 1st Team Mid State League – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
● 1st Team Southeast District – 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
● Southeast District Player of the Year – 2014
● 2nd Team All-Ohio – 2013
● 1st Team All-Ohio – 2014
● School Record: Homeruns in a Season – 16
Mandy was the leader of 3 District Softball Championship teams in 2011, 2012, and 2014 and a member of the 2012 State Final Four Team. Mandy graduated Magna Cum Laude from Ohio University-Lancaster in 2018 with a Bachelor of Science in Education.
She currently teaches at the Laurelville Head Start. Mandy has one daughter, Aria, and is engaged to Christopher Culbertson.
Mandy plans to continue her education and get involved in coaching. She would love to coach her daughter the way her dad coached her.
Jessica Willard: Class of 2017
While at Logan Elm, Jessica Willard earned 9 Varsity letters; 1 in Softball, 4 in Basketball and 4 in Tennis. Jessica was the foundation of Logan Elm Tennis for four years and became the most accomplished female tennis player in Logan Elm history.
● 1st Team Mid State League – 2014, 2015, 2016
● Mid State League Player of the Year – 2014, 2015, 2016
● Mid State League Championship Team – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
● Southeast District Runner Up – 2014, 2015
● Southeast District Champion – 2016
● State Qualifier – 2014, 2015, 2016
● 2nd Team All-Ohio – 2016
Jessica Willard was Logan Elm’s 1st Singles player for 3 years with a career record of 42-4. In 2016, Jessica and her doubles partner Shelby Ward became the first female tennis players in Logan Elm history to earn All-Ohio honors in Girls Tennis.
Jessica graduated from Shawnee State University, obtaining a Bachelor in Health Science, and an Associates in Occupational Therapy while competing on their Women’s tennis team for all 4 years. She currently works at the Ohio State Wexner Medical
Center and James Cancer Center in clinical research for cancer research focusing on lung cancer.
Cody Cordle: Class of 2009
Cody Cordle was one of Logan Elm’s outstanding athletes earning 8 Varsity Letters in Football and Track and Field. Cody was a Team Captain on the 2008 Logan Elm Football team that went 12-1 and finished the season as Mid-State League Champions and Regional Runner-up.
● 1st Team All-Pickaway County – 2006, 2007, 2008
● Pickaway County Defensive Player of the Year – 2008
● Honorable Mention Mid State League – 2006
● 2nd Team Mid State League – 2007
● 1st Team Mid State League – 2008
● Mid State League Defensive Player of the Year – 2008
● 1st All-Southeast District – 2006, 2008
● Southeast District Division 3 Defensive Player of the Year – 2008
● Honorable Mention All-Ohio – 2006
● 1st Team All-Ohio – 2008
Track and Field
● 2nd Team Mid State League – 2007 (Discus)
● 1st Team Mid State League – 2008, 2009 (Discus)
● Mid State League Champion – 2008, 2009 (Discus)
● Mid State League Field Event Athlete of the Year – 2009
● Regional Qualifier – 2007, 2009 (Discus)
● State Qualifier – 2009 (Discus)
Cody is currently the directional drilling manager at CST Utilities. He resides with his wife Cassie and kids, James and Marlee, who both attend Logan Elm.
Adam Blake: Class of 2010
Adam Blake was one of Logan Elm’s outstanding athletes earning 6 Varsity Letters; 3 in Basketball, 2 in Football and 1 in Baseball.
● 1st Team Mid State League – 2008, 2010
● 2nd Team Mid State League – 2009
● Mid State League Player of the Year – 2010
● District 14 Player of the Year – 2010
● Southeast District Player of the Year – 2010
● 1st Team District 14 – 2010
● 2nd Team District 14 – 2008
● Honorable Mention District 14 – 2009
● 1st Team Southeast District – 2010
● 2nd Team Southeast District – 2009
● Honorable Mention All-Ohio – 2008
● 2nd Team All-Ohio – 2009, 2010
● School Record: Assists in a Season – 189
● 2nd All-Time Assists in a Career – 452
● Bob Bowsher Award: Pickaway County’s Outstanding Senior Boys Basketball Player
● Starter on the Regional Championship and State Final Four Team in 2009.
● 1st Team Mid State League – 2008, 2009
● 1st Team Southeast District – 2008, 2009
● 2nd Team All-Ohio 2009
● 1st Team All-Ohio – 2008
● Starter on the 2008 Logan Elm Football team that went 12-1 and finished the season as Mid-State
League Champions and Regional Runner-up.
Adam Blake is a 2015 graduate of Capital University where he lettered 4 years in Basketball. He was a member of the 2012 and 2013 Ohio Athletic Conference Championship teams. Adam went on to pursue a career in college basketball coaching that led to stops at Randolph Macon College in Richmond, Virginia, Concord University in Athens, West Virginia, and is now at the University of North Georgia in Dahlonega, Georgia. He resides in Dahlonega, Georgia with his wife Jessica. Jessica and Adam are expecting their first child in April.
John Edgar: Award of Merit
For nearly 17 years, Mr. John Edgar led the Logan Elm School District as the district’s Superintendent. During that time, Mr. Edgar was a template to staff and students of what it means to “Be A Brave.” Mr. Edgar oversaw athletic facility improvement projects, such as the renovation of our stadium bleachers and press box, and the installation of the school’s first all-weather track.
But more than that, Mr. Edgar served as a model of professionalism, integrity, and loyalty to both his community and his family.
Mr. Edgar graduated from Deer Park High School in 1965. He obtained his Bachelor’s degree from Miami University and received his elementary certification from Ohio University in 1975. He also did post graduate work at the College of Mt. St. Joseph and the University of Virginia. He received his Master’s degree in Education Administration from the Ohio State University in 1983. In addition to his education, Mr. Edgar is a proud veteran of the United States Air Force where he served from 1969 to 1972. In 1972, Mr. Edgar accepted his first teaching assignment at Orange County Schools in Virginia. He later taught and coached at Circleville City Schools and served in Superintendent roles for New Richmond, Crestline and Circleville City Schools.
Mr. Edgar came to Logan Elm Local Schools as the Superintendent in 1990. While at Logan Elm, he led the Quality Management and Quality Tools Initiative. He initiated the Logan Elm District Continuous Improvement Planning Committee and the Primary Task Force for District Literacy Coordination.
He is a founding member of the Logan Elm Education Foundation and a member of the Leave a Legacy Capital Campaign which has raised $1,375,000.00 for the Logan Elm School District. He has received the Logan Elm FFA Honorary Chapter Farmer degree award and established and served as the first president of The Pickaway County Principals Association.
Mr. Edgar has also been a very active member in the community serving in many roles. He has served as a member of the Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, Pickaway County Health Services, United Way, Ohio Health Berger Governance Council, Berger Board of Governors, Pickaway Health System Board, and the Circleville-Pickaway Lease Oversight Board. In addition, he is a member of the Presbyterian Church in Circleville and has served as Church Deacon, Elder and Trustee. He volunteers for the church’s soup kitchen and serves as a Hope House Homeless Shelter meal volunteer. Mr. Edgar has also volunteered to coach various youth sports and has worked at Logan Elm Athletic Bingo.
Mr. Edgar resides in the Logan Elm School District with his wife of 52 years, Sandy. They have three children: Jim (Corrine) Edgar of Connecticut; Charley Edgar of Mansfield; and Betsy (Brian) Weller of Circleville; as well as 2 grandchildren, Allison and Julia Weller, who both attend Logan Elm High School. Today you can still find Mr. Edgar supporting Logan Elm Schools at various music and athletic events. He enjoys watching his grandchildren participate in band, swimming, tennis and track and field.