CHILLICOTHE – The Chillicothe Paints will host the week-long 10th Annual First National Bank of Waverly Baseball Classic beginning Saturday, March 25.
A total of 30 high school teams will compete in an 18-game schedule over the seven-day period. “Opening Day” for Ohio High School baseball is Saturday, March 25, and there will be five games slated at VA Memorial Stadium, starting at 10 a.m.
There will be two games per day Monday-Friday (March 27-March 31) and the event will wrap up Saturday, April 1, with four more games, starting at 10 a.m.
The “Classic” was established in 2013 with the idea of providing local baseball fans the opportunity to watch some of the elite prep programs from around the state and southern Ohio. Many of the teams are perennial powers, making this week-long event one of the top showcases of high school baseball in Ohio.
A number of the players featured in these games are already committed to top Division I collegiate baseball programs, and many more are being heavily recruited to further their respective careers in baseball.
Each day’s admission is $5.00 for adults and $4.00 for students. Concessions will be available.
Saturday, March 25
- 10:00 – Logan vs Wheelersburg
- 12:00 – Jackson vs Buckeye Valley
- 2:45 – Zane Trace vs Cedarville
- 5:15 – Canal Winchester vs Hilliard Darby
Monday, March 27
- 4:30 – Piketon vs McClain
- 7:00 – Southeastern vs North Adams
Tuesday, March 28
- 4:30 – Huntington vs Waverly
- 7:00 – Circleville vs Hillsboro
Wednesday, March 29
- 4:30 – Miami Trace vs Circleville
- 7:00 – Chillicothe vs Adena
Thursday, March 30
- 4:30 – Jackson vs Unioto
- 7:00 – Paint Valley vs Gallia Academy
Friday, March 31
- 4:30 – Teays Valley vs Logan Elm
- 7:00 – Chillicothe vs Zane Trace
Saturday, April 1
- 10:00 – Watterson vs Heath
- 12:45 – Amanda Clearcreek vs Athens
- 3:30 – Wheelersburg vs Perry
- 6:00 – Washington vs Circleville